- 一封來自 counselor 升學顧問
- 一封來自 math / science teacher 數理科老師
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
- Science Research
- 一封來自 humanities / social studies teacher 文理科老師
- Foreign Language
- Social Studies
在台灣的高中，並沒有升學顧問(counselor)這類的老師，比較接近的可能會是輔導室老師，但通常他們對於留學的資訊也不太清楚。必較折衷的辦法是選擇"校長"或是"導師"當作counselor，英文老師當成 humanity teacher，再找一個英文比較好的自然或數學老師。再不行的話，就是自己寫好後請老師簽名，再利用老師的帳號或名義寄出推薦信。
- To whom it may concern,
- Dear Admissions Officer,
- Dear Sir/Madam,
- I am delighted to be called upon as a reference for John Smart. I first became acquainted with Mr. Smart in 1992, when he joined the…
- I have known Ms. Smart since 1993, when she enrolled in my accounting class.
- I was Mr. Smart’s teacher in two advanced quantum mechanics classes during winter semester, 1995.
- I first became acquainted with Tom when he was still a freshman in senior high school.
- Since the beginning of our collaboration I know him as an energetic and goal-oriented person.
- Some of the main Irina’s attributes are her persistence and diligence sometimes even ranging with obsession with work.
- While she was with us she supervised the maintenance of all computer networks. This responsibility involved working with 42 separate offices.
- As a whole, I think he is truly a student worth consideration.
- He is gentle, enthusiastic, talented, knowledgeable, and at the same time, polite and modest. He has great performances in academics as well as extracurricular activities.
- I can see there is a bright future awaiting him.
- As a whole, I would give him my highest recommendation. I am sure that he will be extremely successful in all his future endeavors.
5. 署名：全名 + 職稱 + 日期
Photo from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-grant/how-not-to-ask-for-a-reco_b_6611530.html